No. 25 Sioux Falls Kicks Off Division Play Saturday Against SMSU
No. 25 Sioux Falls Begins Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference South Division play Saturday, September 29 when they host Southwest Minnesota State University at Bob Young Field. The Cougars look to defend their 48-game home conference win streak and defeat SMSU in their first meeting in over 30 years. The Mustangs hold a 3-1 advantage, having won the last three contests of the series.
TV: Fans can tune-in to Alex Heinert and Mick Westerman on KDLT this season via Satellite on channel 46 and over the air on channel 46.1 and 5.1. Most cable subscribers can view KDLT on channel 5.
Live Stream: Sioux Falls will provide a free live stream of Saturday's NSIC matchup at http://nmtvsports.com
Radio: KWSN (AM 1230) will air Saturday's game. Player interviews and the Jed Stugart pregame show airs 30 minutes prior to kickoff. Tom Frederick and Tim Hiatt will team up to call the play-by-play.
Links to live audio, stats and video stream can be found here
First and 10
• The last time USF and SMSU met, the Mustangs won handedly, 24-6 at Howard Wood Field (10/20/79).
• The Cougars' lone win against SMSU came in their first meeting, when USF edged the Mustangs, 13-6 at Legion Field in Marshall, Minn. (9/21/68). SMSU responded with three wins straight, two in Sioux Falls (9/20/69) and one in Marshall (10/21/78).
• Since 2001, the Cougars have tallied 48 consecutive conference wins at home.
• SMSU (1-3) is the third team USF faces with a losing record this season
• Saturday marks the Cougars first NSIC South Division opponent
• USF joined No. 2 Minnesota-Duluth and No. 15 Minnesota State, receiving 57 votes Monday to make its first ever appearance in the AFCA DII Poll at No. 25. They also debuted at No. 25 in the D2.com Top 25 poll released Tuesday.
• With 11 takeaways, including nine Ints, the Cougars have a turnover margin of +1.50, which is the 15th-best in the nation
• Senior WR Jeremiah Oates extended his TD streak to five games last week and now boasts an impressive 16 TD receptions in 13 games as a Cougars. Through week four, he is two scores (7) shy of his 2011 total (9).
• It has been 19 games since the Cougars have allowed a single player to rush for 100 yards. The last player to do so was Josh Endres of Dakota Wesleyan (10/23/10).
• SMSU has two local products listed on their depth chart in former Washington Warriors Adam Iverson and their starting FS, Joe Stupka.