USF Set to Face Wayne State and Augustana This Weekend
Sioux Falls heads to Wayne, Neb. Friday, December 7 to take on Wayne State College before returning to Sioux Falls, S.D. Saturday night for their 56th meeting with cross-town rival Augustana College. Saturday's game not only presents an opportunity to avenge a one-point loss to the Vikings last season, but it also gives either team a chance to earn a 1/2 point for their institution in the Mayor's Cup Challenge. Please see the related links box for a complete version of USF and Augustana's notes.
For current standings or more information about the Mayor's Cup, click here
Live Stream: Augustana and Wayne State will provide a free live stream of Friday and Saturday's games. Click here to watch.
Radio: KWSN (1230 AM) will air Saturday's game. Tom Frederick will provide the play-by-play.
Links to live audio, stats and video stream can be found on the schedule page here
• Augustana head coach Tom Billeter is 6-0 all-time against USF.
• The Wayne State game offers a relatively new rivalry, as Friday's game is just the 3rd USF-WSC meeting all-time, the first in 22 years. The series is tied 1-1.
• Fifth-year head coach Chris Johnson seeks his first win against Augustana.
• USF, Augustana and Wayne State rank 1-2-3 in the NSIC in scoring defense.
• The Cougars' bench accounted for a season-high 41 points during last week's loss at SMSU.
• Led by Derek Brown and Keaton Moffitt, who rank first and second in the conference in steals, USF is averaging just under 11 steals per game, which is the best mark in the NSIC
• Last year's game between USF and Augustana came down to the final shot, as the Cougars fell 64-63 in the final Prairie Spirit Challenge.
• Dating back to 2011-12, USF has won just six of their last 14 road contests.
• In four losses against NSIC opponents last season, USF was outscored by an average of 15 points.
• With a win Saturday, USF could tie up the series at 27-27. It would be their first victory against the Vikings since 1994.