Sioux Falls Travels to Upper Iowa and Winona State
Sioux Falls begins the New Year with a pair of NSIC road contests, visiting Upper Iowa University Friday and Winona State University Saturday. This weekend marks USF's first game in more than two weeks, as they suffered their largest defeat of the season in their last outing December 15 when they hosted Minnesota State University. The Cougars have dropped three-straight on the road this season.
Please see the related links box for a complete version of USF, UIU or WSU's notes.
Live Stream: Upper Iowa and Winona State will provide a free live stream of Friday and Saturday's games. Click here to watch.
Radio: KWSN (1230 AM) will air both games. Tom Frederick will provide the play-by-play.
Links to live audio, stats and video stream can be found on the schedule page here
• This weekend will mark just the third meeting between USF and Upper Iowa in men's basketball, and second between USF and Winona State.
• Dating back to last season, USF has dropped their last seven road games versus NSIC competition.
• The Cougars are 1-1 all-time against Upper Iowa and 0-1 when playing Winona State.
• Junior guard Derek Brown (477) needs just 23 points to claim 500 career points as a Cougar.
• USF currently leads the conference in scoring defense and steals, allowing their opponents only 59 points per game while recording an average of 9.67 steals each contest.
• Winona State was selected as the preseason favorite to finish first in the conference. Their preseason honors also included Clayton Vette selection as the south division player of the year.
• Upper Iowa represents one of seven teams with just one conference loss this season.
• USF shot a season-best 46 % from behind the arc against Concordia University.