USF Heads to Northern State For NSIC Tournament
Sioux Falls will make a second trip to Northern State University this season, Wednesday when they play in the first round of the NSIC/Sanford Health Men's Basketball Tournament. The Cougars have dropped their last two meetings versus the Wolves, most recently falling at NSU 74-60 last month. Please see the related links box for a complete version of USF notes.
Live Stream: Home teams will provide a free live stream of Wednesday's game. Click here to watch.
Radio: KWSN (1230 AM) will also air the game. Tom Frederick will provide the play-by-play.
Links to live audio, stats and video stream can be found on the schedule page here
• The Cougars are 20-53 all-time against the Wolves. Their historic in-state rivalry dates back to the 1927-28 season.
• USF finished the season 12th in the NSIC standings, 7th in the South Division.
• If both USF and Augustana win Wednesday, the cross-town rivals could meet for a third time this season in the tournament quarterfinals, Saturday Mar. 2.
• USF shot a season-low 22 percent (4-of-18) from three-point range the last time they faced NSU.
• Despite a two-game win streak, NSU has loss four of their last six games.
• The Cougars are 2-9 on the road this season. They're 32-39 all-time in road play under coach Johnson.
• USF is 3-2 vs. in-state competition this season and 21-10 vs. South Dakota institutions under coach Johnson.
• Friday night at MSU, USF tallied 10 three-pointers for the third time in five games, sixth time this season.
• USF has won just two games (Dakota State, Augustana) vs. teams with a winning record. They are 2-13 in such games this season.
• The Cougars are 0-11 when their opponent scores 70 points or more.
• USF has received a double-digit performance from one or more non-starter in seven of their last nine outings.